Tuesday, February 17, 2015

This may be my favorite moment on this mission. Mom and I were invited by Denise Butterfield to come over to the Butterfield home for a Sunday dinner last week. Her 4 children were there along with 9 of 11 grandchildren.  As we were about to have a blessing on the food, Arthur Butterfield, Denise's husband got everyone's attention and said pointing to me, "This man is responsible for all of you." He then went on and explained that I had baptized Denise some 48 years ago while on my mission in Rhodesia. Arthur concluded by saying, "Had your mother/grandmother not been a member of the Church, I would not have married her. Because Elder Shupe baptized your mom, I was able to marry her and you are all the result of that baptism." There was a moment of great joy in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful story, R.Q. So glad you are able to see the fruits of your earlier efforts and the blessing of the Gospel in the lives of these people. I wonder how many of these same people my parents saw on their mission to Zimbabwe in 1980-81,

    ReplyDelete