Monday, August 4, 2014

When Mom returned from her quick trip home, she brought me some See's Candy. Actually she brought 2 pieces for me and 10 for her. I'm sure glad she's back.

Last Sunday evening, August 3, 2014, Mom and I spoke at a youth fireside at the Kempton Park Ward. Here is a picture of the building.  When I served out here in the late 60's I was the District Leader for the East Rand which included Kempton Park. There was no chapel then and members of the Church had to drive all the way to Germiston, about a 20 mile trip. Now between Kempton Park and Germiston there must be over 6 chapels and one Stake Center.

Inside the Kempton Park chapel. Notice the stain glass windows.


This is picture of Kempton Park Ward youth who attended our fireside.  On the way home we got lost.  Our new Tom-Tom gave us some bad information. A little scary to be lost at night in Africa.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I see more than a few Scotch Mallows there. We sure loved seeing Susan.

    ReplyDelete